Unofficial Translation for Reference Only
The Notice on Standardizing Scheduled International Passenger Flight Plan Management during Regular COVID-19 Prevention and Control
To All Transport Airlines,
To further standardize the pre-flight plan management of scheduled international flights, protect the legitimate rights and interests of consumers, and implement relevant provisions in the Measures for Administration of Civil Aviation Pre-Flight Plans (CCAR-73), the following requirements shall be observed:
1. Strengthening flight plan management. All airlines concerned shall conscientiously implement COVID-19 prevention and control policies adopted by the points of origin, stopovers and destinations, develop an overall plan for the assignment of capacity and crew members, and tighten flight plan management, in an effort to ensure the stable operation of scheduled international passenger flights. Also, it is essential to release in a timely manner the information on flight changes and provide such services as passenger notification, ticket change/refund, as well as accommodation.
2. Implementing the practice of filing with authorities. Except for the flights cut as a result of circuit breaker measures, airlines should, in case of flight cancellation, file with CAAC and relevant Chinese embassies and consulates at least 48 hours prior to the cancellation. The information to be filed includes but not limited to: changes in the pre-flight plan, reasons for flight cancellation, tickets changed/refunded, and follow-up services for passengers who have purchased tickets. Where an airline fails to submit relevant information as required or the rights and interests of consumers are infringed due to improper handling of canceled flights, it shall be recorded in the industry credit management system as per the provisions in the Civil Aviation Industry Credit Management Measures (for trial implementation) (No. 136  by CAAC).
3. Standardizing the filing procedures. It’s stated in paragraph 2 of Article 4 in the Measures for the Administration of Civil Aviation Pre-Flight Plans (CCAR-73) that in case of cancellation of scheduled international passenger flights during the pandemic, airlines are required to submit information on pre-flight plan following relevant procedures and fill in the flight cancellation record form (see attachment) which shall be sent via fax (010-64092149) to the Operation Supervisory Center of CAAC. To get information on how to file with Chinese embassies and consulates, airlines shall make contact by themselves.
This Notice shall enter into force as of the date of its issuance and remain effective until the pandemic ends or CAAC issues an invalidation notice.
Attachment: Record Form of the Cancellation of Scheduled International Passenger Flights During the Pandemic
Civil Aviation Administration of China
December 16, 2020
Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airlines Tenth Edition
In order to thoroughly implement the decisions and arrangements made by the CPC Central Committee and the State Council, and act upon the requirements of the General Plan for COVID-19 Management as Category B Infectious Disease
(Joint Mechanism ZF  No.144) issued by the Joint Prevention and Control Mechanism of the State Council in Response to COVID-19 Infection, with the aim of having a good command of the new situation and tasks of current pandemic response, and guiding airlines to do a good job in the COVID-19 prevention and control after the release of the above General Plan, this Tenth Edition of the Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airlines is developed, after comprehensive evaluation of the virus mutations, the new situation of COVID-19 prevention and control, and the need of recovery and development of the civil aviation industry, taking into full consideration of the previous experience and effective practices in pandemic response made by the industry.
- Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airports Tenth Edition
- CAAC Publishes the Ninth Edition of Preventing Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airlines and Airports
- Preventing Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airports-Eighth Edition
- Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airlines-Eighth Edition
- Seventh Edition-Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airlines
- Seventh Edition-Preventing Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airports